What We Do
Our mission is to design electronics that are easy to use, widely adaptable and suitable for students, hobbyists, scientists, and engineers. Each product was inspired by our experiences, first as engineering students and later as working professionals, to become the kind of tools that we ourselves needed.
Now we use our own products every day to rapidly design and test the next generation BoardX products and sometimes just to have a little fun.
We're also proud to say that all of our boards are designed, tested and in many cases built in the USA.
BoardX is a collection of electronic circuit boards that stack on top of one another to share resources, communicate, and extend the functionality of one another. This system is built on the motherboard that acts as both an electrical and structural foundation.
Unlike similar products (but much like a familiar PC system), the motherboard does not come with a processor pre-installed. Processors come as simple, low cost add-on boards, which allows any processor - or multiple processors - to be used with the system.
- Processor-independent hardware - the hardware is compatible with any processor, and even multiple processors (since they come as add-ons)
- Program wirelessly using the XBee Radio Add-on
- Choice of full size add-ons, or cheaper, miniature add-ons.
- Multiple, independent add-on sockets to reduce vertical growth to 1/3 that of Arduino.
- BoardX automatically routes Power, USB, SPI, UART, I2C and GPIO to the other add-ons so you don't have to wire anything by hand.
- A Breadboard is included on the motherboard for quick prototyping.
- High current allowance permits direct powering of motors, servos and other power hungry applications.
- An upgradable power supply feature allows the use of any conceivable power source and regulation method. It also plugs in, just like a normal add-on.
- A unique shape and color, which resembles its name - BoardX. The rounded edges and isolated mounting holes make handling BoardX more comfortable and easier to install in robot chassis.
- BoardX works transparently with Arduino SDK! That means it works out of the box. If you plug in an AVR-X Add-on, it can be programmed over USB using Arduino's programming language and development software.
- PIC, ARM, AVR, it doesn't matter - use any number of our processor modules simultaneously or create your own!
- Kevin Green - Founder - Original concept designer, benevolent dictactor.
- Marina Green - Office Support - Order fulfillment and customer service
- David Harries - Consultant - Operations, business and marketing
- Ed Bailey - Technician - Hardware assembly
Where to Find Us
We recognize that BoardX may not have made it off the launchpad without the help of the following financial supporters and mentors during our first Kickstarter campaign:
- Abdullah Asiri
- Axel Walsleben
- Kenny Neal
To them, we say thank you!
Fredericksburg, Virginia / Washington, D.C.